Copyright 2015. Echo Lake Community Association. All rights reserved.

New Bylaws and Declarations and Covenants documents!

As you may be aware, the Board of Trustees, property manager and legal counsel have worked together for the past two years to update and amend the governing documents for the Association. 

Links  are provided below for the current Bylaws and Declaration of Covenants and Restrictions that were drafted in 1988.  There are also links for a red line version and a clean version of the proposed replacement Bylaws document and Declaration of Covenants and Restrictions document.

At the annual meeting on March 30, 2016, the Board held a question and answer session to address any questions and concerns the attendees had about the proposed changes.  A majority of the HOA membership has to vote in favor of the new documents for them to take effect.  As of the annual meeting on March 23, 2017, proxy votes in favor had still not been collected from a majority of the membership.  Attendees at the meeting volunteered to help the board go door-to-door to collect the remaining signatures.  Here's where you can help - you can print off the proxy form provided below, complete it and mail it in to Carlyle Management, or complete the form if someone from the neighborhood comes to your door and asks you to complete the form.  We're very close to having new documents that will do a much better job of protecting us legally in the future by aligning us with current Ohio Revised Code.  Thank you for your help!

If you would like a printed copy of the documents mailed to you for your review, please contact the property manager, Tim Wolfe at (216) 464-7465 or

Wooded and Common Areas

The HOA directors work with the city on an ongoing basis to maintain the retention basins and waterways on our common property.  More than $20,000 was spent in 2014 to clear cut the creek behind all of the homes on Academy Drive up to Echo Drive, and additional funds will be spent in 2015 to clear cut the creek behind homes on the north side of Stoughton Drive.

Our landscaping company is Davey Tree and they are responsible for mulching in the spring, mowing the common areas in the summer, trimming and maintaining all shrubs and plants in our garden areas, and cleaning up leaves in the fall.  If you observe landscape-related maintenance that appears to be falling behind, please contact Carlyle Management.  The contact information is on the Contact Us page of this website.

The dumping of yard or other waste into association common areas and the association dumpster is prohibited.  This includes but is not limited to the creek beds and wooded areas.  Residents dumping in common areas run the risk of being cited by the city, and being invoiced for any expenses incurred by the HOA to remove the debris.

Homeowners are not permitted to clear greenbelt areas or to cut down trees in common areas.  Such activity should be reported to Carlyle Management or to a board member immediately.  Finally, forts and other structures may not be built in the common areas.

When walking pets, please be considerate to clean up pet waste.  This is required by city code and you can be cited with fines for failing to clean up after your pet.

Neighborhood Security & Safety

During the summer vacation season, and throughout the year, residents should be alert and watch neighbors' homes for any unusual activity.

Please keep an eye out for any strangers in our neighborhood as our children are often outside playing.

Also, be aware of your surroundings when walking late and/or by yourself.  Be prepared by having a cell phone with you to call for help in case of an emergency.  Walk in well-lighted areas, and avoid walking alone after dark.

Please report any unusual activity to the police department immediately. 

The non-emergency number for the police department is (440) 580-3230 and the non-emergency number for the fire department is (440) 580-3210.

If you have a home security system, the police require you to have an automatic reset to prevent false alarms from sounding for hours.

Note that city ordinances require all homeowners to have a light post illuminated in your front yard from dusk to dawn.  Please keep your light post in good working order and change the bulbs as soon as possible when they burn out.

New Tree Care & Feeding

You may have noticed that the city has planted new trees on some of our tree lawns over the past several years.  If you have a tree(s) in your tree lawn, it is your responsibility to water them.  Young trees need a lot of watering in their first couple summers, so please help get them off to a strong start!

Copyright 2015.  Echo Lake Community Association.  All Rights Reserved.

Home Improvement

If you plan to add onto your home, build a fence, add a storage structure or build a deck or patio, it is necessary to present your plans to the HOA board for review and approval before the City of Strongsville will issue building permits for your project. 

You can send your plans to Carlyle Management using the contact information on the Contact Us page of this website.  Carlyle Management will forward the plans to the board and upon receiving approval, will let the city know it is ok to move forward with the permit process.